Always strive to find the perfect fit between rider and horse.
Let your horse and saddle get checked out by a qualified saddle fitter.
When should I call a saddle fitter?
A Qualified Saddle Fitter is able to determine whether there is a right saddle fit between saddle and horse for that particular rider involved.
Your horse is your partner & friend. As they are unable to speak in words what they like and don’t like it’s sometimes difficult to determine what could be done to optimize their performance level. If you listen carefully to your horse you’ll prevent them from having pain or discomfort while being ridden.
Problems caused by an ill-fitting saddle can be expressed by horses through 3 types of issues. Let your horse and saddle get checked out by a qualified saddle fitter if any of the above mentioned problems occur as soon as possible !
Why should I call a saddle fitter?
- To check the state of your current saddle
- To evaluate the current body development of your horse
- To determine the optimal circumstances for horse and rider before training
A saddle fitter is able to make minor adjustments if necessary to ensure a better fit or to advise you what to look for in a future saddle
What is included in a Saddle Fitting Consultation?
2) Conformation and visual abnormalities of the horse will be described
3) Palpation soft and hard (global investigation of the back of the horse’s sensitivity and soreness).
4) Measuring dimension (weight, height and health score)
5) Make templates of the horse’s back with a variety of tools. (Flex- curve and Harmony Sensor pad)
7) Investigation of the currently used saddle
8) Conclusion and feedback on the current situation
9) Saddle fitting advice
10) Fitting different models test saddles on the static and dynamic horse.
I give feedback and advice throughout the session, all questions and doubts can be asked. My approach is transparent, at the end of the consultation the client obtained a broader insight into saddle fitting and what to look for in a saddle.
We need a dry and safe place to work, with enough light to be able to investigate your horse and the saddles. Calculate approximately 1,5 to 2 hours for the first consultation and in case a new saddle is purchased it should be checked on overall fit again within 12 weeks after purchase or 20 hours of intensive workout. Because the wool filling will position itself and therefore the balance could be slightly changed.
We advice to let a certified Saddle Fitter check out your saddle and the horse’s back at least 1 time a year, and in case you have a young horse we prefer to check at least 2 times a year, to prevent riding with an ill-fitting saddle and to make sure you don’t harm the horse’s back. Better safe than sorry.
VAT: all prices are inclusive of VAT.
Cancellation of appointment: in case an consultation appointment is being canceled in less than 24hours before the planned consultation, 50% of the consultation price will be charged.