Article 22.2º of the LSSI establishes that data storage and recovery devices may be used in terminal equipment of the recipients, provided that they have given their consent after they have been provided with clear and complete information on their use, in particular, on the purposes of data processing, in accordance with the provisions of current regulations on the protection of personal data. In this regard, cookies may be placed on your computer. These are small files whose purpose is to remember the pages visited to facilitate future navigation. You can delete cookies by selecting the option that your browser has for this purpose. At any time you can delete all cookies using the option for the purpose of your browser.
Types of cookies used and purposes:
The Web uses third-party services corresponding to Google.com, google.es, gstatics.com, Facebook.com, doubleclick.net
Cookies excepted from information and consent: would be those whose purpose is:
- “User input” cookies
- User authentication or identification cookies (session only)
- User security cookies
- Media player session cookies
- Session cookies to balance load
- Cookies for customizing the user interface
- Complement cookies (plug-in) to exchange social content
Classification of cookies subject to information and consent, according to a report from the Spanish Data Protection Agency:
1. Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them:
– Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
– Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher himself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
2. Types of cookies according to the period of time that they remain activated in the user’s terminal:
– Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
– Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. Types of cookies according to their purpose:
– Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
– Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the locale from where you access the service, etc.
– Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
– Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or how often ads are shown.
– Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer, for more information click on the link that corresponds to your browser:
Safari for IOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=es_ES&locale=es_ES
Flash Player: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/es/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html